I got this emailed to me last week…. and some of these really made me smile! You know what they say about laughter being good medicine… and it is healthy to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes… Can you relate to any of these?
You know you have a chronic illness when…
* You understand all the medical terminology discussed on the T.V. show Grey’s Anatomy.
* When you hear the term “Club Med” you automatically think of the hospital.
* You ask your child to open the “child-proof” bottles of medicine because your hands are too sore.
* Your medical records have to be transported on a cart.
* To entertain people at parties you recite the side effects of medications as if you are the voice over on a commercial.
* Your favorite Oprah program is when Dr. Oz is on.
* To get rid of boredom on road trips, your whole family can go through the alphabet and name a drug that starts with each letter of the alphabet.
* When you’re unable to sleep because of pain, you watch “The Jerry Springer Show” and feel like you actually have a life.
* Your spelling has improved dramatically, especially on words like “fibromyalgia” and “osteoporosis.”
* Or you’ve been “Around the World in Thirty Minutes” with CNN’s Headline News 57 times in one sitting.
* You have a panic attack in public and say, “Praise God this is only the second one today!”
* You’re invited to the wedding of the gal who works at the hospital lab.
* You’re child can say “Myofascial” “Amytryptilene” and “craniosacral therapy” in a sentence when talking to you.
* You have a flashback and don’t know what happened and can honestly say, “I don’t know where I was or what I was doing but I’ll make something up if you’d like.”
* You have your pharmacists cell phone number.
* Nothing is sacred anymore between you and your spouse, including talking about your irregular bowel movements.
* When you call the drug store, they don’t even have to ask for your name, because they recognize your voice.
Do you have any more to add to the list?!? Please leave a comment if you do… I’d LOVE to hear what you come up with!!