Deanna my beautiful friend surprised me today by awarding me with the Sugar Doll Blogger Award! I am SO honored! What a nice surprise!! And I am honored to be included in such great company!!
To receive this award, I must list 10 things about myself…. So here it goes!!
1) I didn’t like who I was for most of my life… I have learned to love myself from being a chronic pain patient. Go figure!
2) I have heart surgery scar that measures over 11 inches long. It used to be something that I was very self-conscious of. I day dreamed as a child about the day that I would be old enough to get plastic surgery and get it removed. I am INSANELY proud of my scar now, and I “wear” it as a badge of honor. My scar is a physical reminder of how much I have gone through and conquered in my life…. and besides…. scars are sexy, right?
3) I was one of the youngest people to complete Dale Carnegie training in Public Speaking and Effective Human Relations, and I went on to be a Graduate Instructor. I was teaching others before I was 18 years old.
4) I am terrified of bees, wasps, and other yellow jackets! I have been stung twice in my life, and both times I swelled up like a balloon. I am the crazy person you see running down the street to get away from a bee! LOL! Pain I can handle… buzzing flying insects I can’t!
5) One of the most important conversations I have ever had was with my brother on July 2nd 1999…. He passed away 12 days later.
6) I was in the Miss Teen Calgary pageant when I was 16. I choked and completely failed the interview portion of the contest….. When asked “How would you choose to be for a day and why?” I said Sinead O’Conner!! LOL!! I had listened to her music that morning, and I couldn’t think of anyone else to say!
7) The first boy I ever fell head-over-heels in love with was my Dad… the 2nd was my son… and the 3rd was my honey. I am in awe of all of them.
8) I sang “You are my sunshine” to my son every single day of my pregnancy. I don’t know why, but the song brings me to tears to this day!
9) If I laugh really hard I snort… and then my snorting causes me to laugh even harder.
10) I share a birthday with my Mom’s father. I have always thought that it connected me to him somehow because he passed away before I was born.
And now I am going to pay it forward, and pass this award on to some other amazing blogging friends!! It made my day, so I hope it makes your day too! If you receive this award from me, post it on your blog, and then keep it going!!!
I would LOVE to pass it along to Deanna, but I can’t because she is the one who passed it on to me! Please go check out her site though! She is a wonderful person, and a very talented writer.
So today the award goes too……… (drum roll please!)
Dominique at 4 Walls and a View
Tammy at Letting Myself Go
Nancy at Chronic Connection
And my apologies to the MANY MANY inspiring bloggers I read everyday! I couldn’t pick all of you! But in my heart you all DESERVE a BIG AWARD!!!
BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!