Some of the readers here that are also a part of the Graceful Agony Facebook Group saw my status yesterday… and are wondering I am so excited about!! ;) Well… I am about to tell you all………
I’ve got some BIG news to share…..
Dominique, my dear chronic friend over at 4 Walls and a View and I have decided to collaborate on starting and running a brand new organization JUST FOR YOU!!! And we NEED YOUR SUPPORT!!
This Organization will be called INVISIBLE AWARENESS – and our hope is to raise FMS/CFIDS/ME awareness one person and one story at a time. (You will be able to find us at http://www.invisibleawareness.com once we are up and running….) One of the most POWERFUL tools we have is our voices, and by the size of the online chronic community it is plain to see that so many of us are determined to share out testimonies and find purpose in our illnesses…. THAT is what we want to help YOU with… Do you want to hear more?
This is the ‘framework’ of this new organization….
- To raise awareness about the devastating affects of living with CFIDS/ME/FMS through the sharing of our collective testimonies (stories).
- First, to reach as wide an audience as possible with real life stories every month.
- Second, giving each individual suffering with CFIDS/ME/FMS the opporunity to take part in raising awareness, thus providing purpose.
- Third, to create an ongoing dialogue throughout the year that will culminate on May 12th each year – the National CFIDS/ME/FMS Awareness Day.
- Fourth, to provide a means for those individuals with CFIDS/ME/FMS to connect with other CFIDS/ME/FMS suffers in order to build a support network.
- Fifth, providing each and every individual suffering with CFIDS/ME/FMS a vehicle to have their voices and their stories heard.
- Sixth, creating a powerful voice that will be heard above the din of politics, greed, and unbelievers.
- 1. An online organization with free membership.
- 2. Members will get a badge to put on their blogs indicating they are part of this organization/group.*If a member does not have a blog, that will not prevent them from becoming a member.
- 3. Each member – when they are able – will be asked to post an article/post on their blogs on the 12th of each month, if they have their own blog or website.
- 4. Each member – when they are able – will be asked to periodically write a post/article of their personal story. Those without blogs can email them to Dominique or myself. Email will be provided at that time.
- 5. Each member – if they are able – will be asked to have a twitter account so they can tweet the monthly ’story’ on the 12th of the month. I have agreed to be the Twitter Assistant for those who need help. Dominique and I can help most people get a Twitter account. You do not need to have a blog. You will just have to come up with a name and password. Once the account is set up, you will be able to click on the tweet button on each blog that is carrying the story. It will really be that simple.
- 6. Each member – who so desires – will be added to the Invisible Awareness blog roll.
HOW IT WILL WORK:
Every month a different member will submit their personal story to Admin (Dominique) or the Editor (Myself) via email. After editing, the article will be forwarded to all members to post on their personal blogs on the 12th of the month. Every month will showcase a different individual and story. Twitter, Facebook, Bloggers Unite and such will be used to spread the current “testimony”. To clarify, all CFIDS/ME/FMS bloggers will have the same post on the 12th of each month. This way, this one story will be read by a wider audience because we will all be working in concert to make it go viral.
Note: We will need all those who participate to provide their emails so we can send out the monthly story.
THIS is only the starting point…. We have a BIGGER vision – and are SO excited to see what this community can potentially grow into… The sky is the limit!!! Can you imagine the possibilities if we all join in and have ONE STRONG VOICE together? Whether you are interested in more exposure for your blog, or you are a dreamer (like me) and can see the potential this Organization and website can have….
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!!!!
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS??? PLEASE SHARE THEM… WE REALLY WANT ALL THE FEEDBACK WE CAN GET!!!
If you like this idea, WE NEED YOU to do two things…. (pretty pretty please!!)
1. We need you to tweet this, Facebook this, Stumble this, whatever you have access to and are signed up to. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!
2. We also need you to send this to every blogger who has CFIDS, ME, or FMS so they are aware of what we are doing!
Both Dominique and I are so very excited, and cannot WAIT to get started. You are ALL so important to us, and your story is important to us as well… We are inspired by your stories of determination, courage, hope, and strength on a daily basis – and we want to be able help YOU spread the word…. WE WILL BE HEARD…. WE WILL UNITE… and WE CAN PROVE THAT THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS….
If you don’t know Dominique, you can find her by clicking this link. Stop by her blog and say HI! If you have any questions, concerns, or would just like to voice your support, please contact either of us. ALL COMMENTS WELCOME!
And on a personal note, I just wanted to take a minute to thank ALL of you for your ongoing support, and encouragement. I cannot tell you how much it means to me, and how it has truly changed my life. You have given me my ‘wings’, helped me find the place where I belong in this world of severe chronic pain. THANK YOU EVERYONE…. I wouldn’t have a voice if there wasn’t anyone listening on the other end…. I love all of you!
Wishing you peace and love this weekend.
**If you are reading this anywhere other than www.gracefulagony.wordpress.com it is because this post has been stolen. Please click on the link provided to return to the site of origin